Real estate in Berwick is highly sought out and the suburb has seen rapid growth. It’s the high quality of community facilities available at your fingertips that makes Berwick so popular. From wide open local parks, community markets and shopping, through to the schools and local attractions, there’s no question why Berwick is so popular.
With so much to offer in Melbourne’s south-east, the best way to get to know the growing community of Berwick is to visit and experience it firsthand.
So, what are some of the highlights to check out in Berwick?
- Explore Berwick’s parklands – With massive wide-open parks scattered around Berwick, there is no shortage of space for your family and friends to enjoy. One of the best parks is the Wilsons Botanic Park, which attracts visitors far and wide for its picturesque scenery, abundance of native animals, and intricate walkways on the edge of Basalt Lake.
- Travel back in time at the Old Cheese Factory – The historic Old Cheese Factory, featuring the 1860s Springfield Homestead, Cheese Factory and Kitchen Wash House, is a reminder of Australia’s early history. Berwick’s history is well preserved and the Old Cheese Factory has something for everyone, from art and crafts programs, to farmers’ markets, to performing arts activities.
- Eat some delicious food at the markets – Berwick has a range of community markets where you can pick up quality fresh produce, quirky gifts and delicious sweet treats. With a range of markets including Berwick Country Craft Market, Akoonah Park Market and Berwick Farmers Market there is no shortage of markets for you to explore.
- Shop till you drop – Shop to your heart’s desire at Westfield Fountain Gate packed full of department stores for all your fashion and homeware needs. Alternatively, if you just need to pop to the bank, top up the pantry, or want some freshly baked bread you can head to Eden Village.
- Want to keep active? – With a core focus on health and wellbeing Berwick has plenty of places to get your health fix. With more than 230kms of shared pedestrian and cycle paths, along with the Casey Aquatic and Recreation Centre and Berwick Tennis Club, Berwick has everything you’ll need to maintain an active lifestyle.